Thursday 7 May 2009

True North

Today 7/05/09 I went on my 1st portfolio visit to meet Alan Herron from True North. As nerves settled and the lift dropped me off on the forth floor of 57 Hilton Street, I suddenly felt relaxed and really looked forward to it.

He shook my hand and we headed for a little office. I revealed my portfolio and he had a careful look through it. He told me that my main problem was the lack of taking creative thinking further in every project. He said he would have liked to see other versions of certain parts, e.g. a series of posters. However he said that the content was fine and there were some really good ideas developing. The layout was fine and the feel of the work was quite strong. I listened carefully to what he had to say and and took into consideration revisiting some of my work to develop further.

In all it was a nice, calm, informal visit which I'll take a lot from. It was also really exciting to have been in a real, professional design studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment